Friday, September 30, 2011

Self Stitched September


 September has been absolutely insane.  So, so busy.  Yet I kept my self stitched pledge!  I made it through the month with the exception of two days, though I did make sure to wear self stitched pj pants those nights.  I was worried about making it through the month on me made duds since most of my warm weather clothing is pretty casual.  But I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't too difficult.  I enjoy these challenges so much.  I love checking out the flickr pool and seeing what everyone else is up to.  I think these months are so valuable because it's a truly accurate picture of what other sewists wear on a day to day basis.  The real deal.  And so much information on my own self stitched items.  What works, what doesn't.  I got rid of several things and tweaked a few, like my kindergarten blues shirt above.  I took off the old collar, which I was never happy with, and replaced it with just the collar band.

Anyway, I decided to just do a round up post at the end of the month.  Instead of posting a collage, I just picked a few favorites from the month.  Can you tell I had fun with Picnik?  Yep, I did.  The text and dates were inspired by a lesson I was teaching my fifth graders- combining text and images.  Anyway, once I started adding the dates I couldn't quit. 


A new pink tee, from my favorite Burda 2-2011 long sleeve tee pattern.

The photo assignment was to show yourself eating or drinking.
Polka dot tee from that same Burda 2-2011 pattern and the skirt is a rtw maxi dress I chopped the top off of and put some elastic in the waist.

Not an exciting self stitched item, but I love this photo.

I am in love with my Parfait.

  
And this photo makes me long for another trip to Beaufort.
Pink ruffled skirt made from my self-drafted skirt block.

If you'd like to see the rest of my photos, you can check out my flickr set here.

Also, I was featured over at the Be@Home Decor Blog.  There's a little blurb about me on their Best of the Web series.  I'm so flattered- thanks so much!
Happy weekend!

13 comments:

  1. I love when you use picnic, you've really got some cool ideas for using their stickers.

    Needless to say your clothes look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked great throughout the month! I especially like the brown polka dot skirt from the 8th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your photos! You have some gorgeous me-made things, awesome to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photos! You've inspired me to be a bit more wacky next time I use Picnik. Did you do that stuff on a regular free account or do you pay for premium? Love your outfits. You have a great style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. I'd never heard of Picnik before but I am loving it! Thank you for introducing it to me. :) Also I love your polka dot top. My inner 5 year old must love polka dots too bc I'm working on a polka dot Sorbetto right now. I really dig your knit Kasia as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your photos, especially the one of you eating the date. :) Also, your parfait is beautiful on you. You chose a gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, ladies!

    I could spend (waste?) hours playing around on Picnik.

    Tilly- I just use the free account right now, but I think I'm going to upgrade soon. Then I'll be able to see all my photos in my library.

    Andrea- My inner five year old is obsessed with polka dots :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you're having a ball with picnik. Your photos are super fun. You definitely came up with some lovely outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree SSS was so much fun. Love your parfait too, looks great in periwinkle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had a fantastic month, and I really loved your outfits. And your photos were fabulous! Adding the dates and texts like that is a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos are soooo cute! Clothes + concept. :)

    I have a parfait in the same color. We'll have to be careful not to wear them to the same luncheon... ;) It's such a lovely, easy to wear little dress...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun photos! I am generally self-stitched year round, but do not have the patience to do a daily outfit photo. I like looking at others', though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Steph- It was your blue parfait that convinced me to make up the pattern! So technically I copied you ;)

    ReplyDelete